8 Fun Facts About Deadpool You Might Not Know Yet
Posted 2016/02/10 5507 0
Deadpool fans around the world are having a great week. As we careen toward the movie’s February 12 release date, let's get to know a little bit more about this antihero superhero!
1. Deadpool was first introduced into the comic New Mutants #98 as a Villain. The character has shifted over the years into the morally ambiguous antihero he is known as today.
2. Deadpool has collected an alias list for himself: Jack, Rhodes, Corpus, Lopez, Hobgoblin , Peter Parker and Thom Cruz.
3. In Deadpool Classic Vol. 6, Loki put a curse on Wade Wilson to make him look like Tom Cruz, so that people will leave him. After many months, Wilson finally breaks the curse by reconciling with his father.
4. Deadpool owns the ability to cure all sort of diseases thanks to the support of Weapon X program. He almost can not be killed; can revive his lost limbs and can survive despite being beheaded as long as the head is returned to his body.
5. He's in fact a skilled sumo wrestler.
6. Deadpool is a fan of Star Trek series. As he once told T'Challa (Black Panther): "I have every episode of Star Trek, the Classic."
7. He used to fight against Sherlock Holmes and Mulan. In Deadpool Killustrated, Deadpool goes to Indeaverse and takes down the most famous characters in classic literature. Holmes and Watson use the time machine of H.G. Wells to track down and battle Deadpool with the help of Beowulf and Mulan.
8. In Cable & Deadpool #2, Wade Wilson described his appearance as “Ryan Reynolds crossed with a shar-pei.” Five years later, Ryan Reynolds played as Deadpool in X - Men Origins : Wolverine.