Amanda Bynes Plans to Come Back to TV in 2018
Posted 2017/12/30 0 0
One of our favorite actresses from our childhood is planning on returning to acting in the new year.
Amanda Bynes' lawyer recently reached out to Page Six to reveal that Amanda has big things in store for her in 2018, including a return to the small, or big, screen.
“Amanda is looking forward to ringing in the new year with her close friends this year,” Bynes’s lawyer told Page Six Thursday. “In 2018, she looks forward to completing fashion school and dipping her toe back into acting. She has had several offers but is waiting for the right one to come along for a comeback.”
The former Nickelodeon standout, whose meltdowns made for much Hollywood schadenfreude, last appeared in a film more than seven years ago in the Emma Stone 2010 comedy “Easy A.” She previously starred in shows like “All That” and “The Amanda Show” as a child and teen before making the move into films like “She’s The Man” and “Hairspray” in her 20s. The 31-year-old has stayed out of the spotlight since 2013 after she was arrested multiple times and her behavior became increasingly erratic.
“I do miss acting, and I actually have something surprising to tell you: I’m going to start acting again,” Bynes said at the time. “I want to do TV, maybe a few guest spots on a show that I’m a fan of and maybe another TV show where I’m the star of in the future.”
The former child star, who's inseparable from life coach Joy Stevens, regained control over her finances in June after her 2015 conservatorship ended. Amanda was involuntarily committed to a Pasadena psychiatric treatment facility in 2014 following a very public meltdown involving a string of bizarre run-ins with the law dating back to 2012.
Among Bynes' offenses were two hit-and-runs and a DUI in 2012, as well as a 2013 arrest for throwing a bong out of a window of the 36th floor of her Manhattan apartment.